Friday, May 3, 2013

Product Review: Stila Countless Color Pigments!

Hello everyone! I'm sure you've all already seen this in stores/online somewhere (because they're AWESOME), but I want to share with you the awesomeness of these products!

Stila Countless Color Pigments. $22 Each.
As soon as I saw these online, I knew they needed to be on my makeup desk IMMEDIATELY. They were sold out everywhere, Stila's website, Sephora, Ulta didn't even have them yet, but I managed to find mine on Dermstore.com. They were backordered, but I went ahead and purchased the three colors that sang to my soul the most, Light Show, Tie Dye, and Indie. (We all knows greens, blues, and purples are my weaknesses.)

When they finally arrived I was so beyond excited to play with them. I mean, come on, TIE DYE EYESHADOW PEOPLE! I know you're inner hippie 8-year old was excited too! 

((For my swatches, I swatched the lightest color alone, lightest and second lightest mixed together, second lightest color alone, second lightest color and darkest color mixed, and darkest color alone. (sense?) Also, they're all swatched over NYX jumbo pencil in Milk.))

Light Show
Light Show
Light show

I absolutely ADORE light show. This shadow (they're more of a palette in themselves, don't you think?) makes a perfect green/turquoise/deep blue eye, all by itself. I am just fascinated by these guys, seriously. The color payoff is great, and the shadows themselves are not quite matte, but not enough to be called a shimmer. More of a satin finish. This baby blends like a DREAM, which makes creating a look a million times easier. 

Tie Dye
Tie Dye
Tie Dye

If you're going to buy only one of these, it should be Tie Dye. Even if these colors weren't swirled in their enticing and groovy patterns, these colors are so unique. Again with the satin finish, they're soft and blend amazingly. I am obsessed with the looks you can make from this single shadow. Even just used individually they look amazing. I love this so much, I can't even begin to describe!

Look using only shadows from Tie Dye!!

Indie
Indie
Indie
Last but not least, Indie. I am a sucker for purples, but Indie slightly fails to deliver the same kick that Light Show and Tie Dye give you. While the shades are obviously different in the pan, when swatched, they all come out looking very, samey. It's very, very difficult to get just that light lavender on it's own unfortunately. Even the darkest shades swatch light, making them all look scarily similar. However, this shade is still creamy and delicious, I find myself mixing all the shades in this pan together on my brush and using it that way! It gives you a gorgeous, mid-toned purple to work with. And has the same blendability as the other shadows!

Overall, I think these shadows are gorgeous, brilliant, genius, and groovy. Stila isn't usually a brand I get to overly excited about, but they caught my eye, and did a fantastic job with these products. On Sephora's website, it says these are exclusive and limited edition. Not sure how true that is, and if they're only limited to Sephora, or if they're limited by Stila themselves. 
Either way, get these while you still can! 

(All products here were purchased by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment