Sunday, May 12, 2013

Product and Company Review: Makeupgeek!

Hello everyone! Recently, I was lucky enough to have a chance to try out some products I've always wanted to try, Makeupgeek eyeshadows! 

I was able to choose 12 eyeshadows, and 3 brand-new pigments courtesy of Makeupgeek, to create some looks with. I've never heard anything negative about this company/website, so I was ecstatic at the opportunity!

 I went ahead and popped the pans right into my large Z-palette (they stick without needed any additional magnets or stickers or anything!) They come as pans, however you can buy them in compacts if you would like. I prefer them in pans because I have a bunch of Z-palettes, and it's far less clutter. (Pans are $5.99, compacts are $7.99) Don't worry about labeling, each pan is labeled with the color name and all of the information already!

SWATCH TIME!!!
Left to Right; Razzleberry, Burlesque, Unicorn, Wisteria, Fairytale, Sea Mist
Left to Right; Appletini, Shimmermint, Stealth, Moondust, Vanilla Bean, Taupe Notch


 All of these were swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion Original. 
Color descriptions according to Makeupgeek;

Razzleberry - Raspberry Pink with Gold Glitter
Burlesque - Deep Metallic Burgandy
Unicorn - Shimmery Blue Purple
Wisteria - Matte Pale Purple
Fairytale - Pale matte lavender
Sea Mist - Shimmery Turquoise
Appletini - Shimmery Apple green with flecks of gold
Shimmermint - Metallic Mint Green With Gold Shimmer
Stealth - Matte True Gray
Moon Dust - Metallic silver taupe
Vanilla Bean - This simple but smooth shadow has a matte finish with just the slightest sheen.
Taupe Notch - Taupe

The only one of thee descriptions I DON'T agree with is Taupe Notch. I find it far too brown, when I think of taupe, I think of a brown with more of a grey tone to it, but this one has too much red in it for me to consider it a 'taupe' shade. Other than that, they're all pretty accurate descriptions! 

I also got to try some of the newly released pigments Makeupgeek now makes!
The texture of these reminds me of MAC pigments a lot. It almost bunches up together, but goes on so shimmery and so smooth. 

Left to Right; Afterglow, Insomnia, Utopia
All swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
Color descriptions according to Makeupgeek;

Afterglow - Soft Shimmery Champagne
Insomnia - A dark chocolate brown duochrome with blue/teal reflects.
Utopia - A mixture of deep brown and antique gold shimmer duochrome.

These come with 2 grams of product in them, and they are packed to the BRIM! Literally! I'll also mention that these do NOT come with sifters in the jars! (Which is a plus for me, since I remove all jar sifters anyways xD) Pigments are $6.99 each. 


Complete list of products used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
  • MakeupGeek Eyeshadow in Vanilla Bean
  • MakeupGeek Eyeshadow in Moondust
  • MakeupGeek Eyeshadow in Taupe Notch
  • MakeupGeek Eyeshadow in Unicorn
  • MakeupGeek Pigment in Afterglow
  • MakeupGeek Pigment in Insomnia
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Perversion
  • Rimmel Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Pure White
  • Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Mascara
That about sums it up for now! All in all, I am loving these shadows. Great pigmentation and quality for a very, VERY reasonable price. I'm looking forward to filling up my large Z-palette with these! I can't wait to play with them more! 
Have you ever tried MakeupGeek makeup? Are you a member at MakeupGeek.com? Find my profile here:


***Disclaimer*** Products shown were sent to me by the company for the purpose of reviewing. However, complimentary products never receive special treatment, I review them just like I'd review something I bought myself. My opinions expressed here are purely my own, and are not influenced by any outside sources, nor do I represent any company.***

No comments:

Post a Comment