Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Product and Company Review: Surreal Makeup

Hey everyone! Today I have a small company/product review for you. Through my Biohazardous Beauty page on Facebook, I was contacted by a company called Surreal Makeup. The owner, lovely Miss Amanda, asked if I would be interested in doing a review of their products, and of course I said yes!

I'm always looking for a chance to try new makeup. Whether it's a new product at the drugstore or Sephora, or a new Indie company online. Surreal makeup describes themselves as:


"We pride ourselves in bringing you 100% pure mineral makeup that contains no lake, dye, waxes or harsh chemicals.Surreal Makeup IS highly pigmented, hypo-allergenic, water resistant mineral makeup that wears all day yet cleans up easily with soap & water or a baby wipe. We think you owe it to yourself to find out why it is called Surreal Makeup!"

And for what was introduced to me as a 'small' company, they have a massive, (and I mean MASSIVE) shade range! 

My shadows arrived in an adorable sachet!
Each shade is individually shrink wrapped. Bonus points!
The caps are printed with the company name, in this really, really cool holographic print. I kind of failed at capturing that, but I thought it looked really profession!
And it's NOT a sticker. These containers are made for this company.

I did not get to choose which colors I wanted to try (but hey, I'm not picky, and willing to work with anything!) and was sent Everglades, Feather, Smooth, Willow, and Visionary. Each jar is printed with the shadow name, www.surrealmakeup.com, and the ingredients. It does not have the size printed on it, so I am not sure if I got 5 gram or 3 gram jars. But both sizes are available on the website.

All shadows come with sifters, I just always remove sifters, because, they get in my way. xD
Left To Right: Smooth, Feather, Visionary, Everglades, Willow (Swatched over UDPP)
Each shadow as described from the website:

Smooth - 
A white gold highlighting shimmer with light gold sparkles
Feather - A vibrant teal shadow loaded with teal sparkles
Visionary - Visionary is a baby blue eye shadow with pink reflects throughout
Everglades - *couldn't find on website*
Willow - A dark golden green eye shadow.

For the most part, I agree with these descriptions. The pink sparkles in Visionary can be a little elusive, but I do see them there. As for Everglades, I would describe it as a medium olive green, with gold shimmer. 

Mind the mascara, I know I applied sloppily x.x
Here's a look I did using all 5 shadows.
Complete list of products used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
  • Surreal Makeup Smooth
  • Surreal Makeup Feather
  • Surreal Makeup Visionary
  • Surreal Makeup Everglades
  • Surreal Makeup Willow
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Perversion
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Stash
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Walk of Shame
  • Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara
Overall I really quite loved how these shadows looked. They're so pretty and shimmery. Looking at the website, there's everything from matte, to UV reactive, to glitter, to iridescent colors to choose from. I believe I was told there's 280+ colors to choose from!
5 gram jars cost $8.00 per shadow, and 3 gram jars cost $4.00 per shadow. I love when companies, especially ones with a larger selection give you that size option, when you want to try a bunch of colors, but don't necessarily need full size jars of each one.
Surreal makeup also sells primers, powders, lipglosses, and brushes!

I am definitely impressed by this company, that I can't believe I never knew existed! Those UV eyeshadows are calling my name! 

***Disclaimer*** Products shown were sent to me by the company for the purpose of reviewing. However, complimentary products never receive special treatment, I review them just like I'd review something I bought myself. My opinions expressed here are purely my own, and are not influenced by any outside sources, nor do I represent any company.***

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog!!I’m so impressed by the details that you’ve on this website.


    Lorbeerseife

    ReplyDelete