Saturday, March 29, 2014

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer Review

Ever get bored of repurchasing the same product over and over again?
I do. I've been using the same concealer (Urban Decay Concealer Stick in CIA) forever, and have repurchased it probably 3 times now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this concealer, and I love it, but every now and then, I just NEED to try something new!

I don't own a lot of MAC products, so when my concealer started running low, I decided I'd pick one up, and see how I like it. I chose the MAC Pro Longerwear Concealer in NC15.

$19 USD for .30 fl oz
MAC describes this product on the website as:

"A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump."

Now, I don't have a MAC store within hours of me, so I can't go to the store to test things out, and rely on the online descriptions. Luckily I'm pale as a ghost, so I know that usually the lightest shade a company makes will be my shade, unless it's too dark.

I pretty much only use concealer under my eyes, and occasionally around my face if I'm having a bit of discoloration, but mostly, it just goes under my eyes. Because of this, I was a little worried about that matte finish making my under eye area looking dry and flaky. However, it doesn't accentuate my dry skin at all. I'm not used to concealer in a liquid form, so application took some getting used to. I usually dab this product on with my fingers where needed, and then blend out the edges with a fluffy brush, I've been liking the Real Techniques Setting Brush. 

The color is a pretty good match for me. Slightly yellow, BUT the really helps color-correct my purple-ish dark circles under my eyes. Also, I apply foundation BEFORE my concealer, and go back in with concealer to cover and areas that need a little extra help. It doesn't make sense to me to apply concealer before foundation, because you'll end up applying far too much, but I suppose that's all a method of personal preference. I can't speak on the 15 hour wear time claim, I usually don't wear face makeup that long for any reason!


Overall I've really been enjoying this concealer from MAC!
If you have issues with concealer creasing under the eyes, this one might be a little less likely to move around and settle into lines.
Have you tried this concealer before? Do you have a 'holy grail' concealer, or do you love trying new products too much to stick to one?

[This product was purchased by me with my own money and I'm not in any way endorsed or affiliated with MAC Cosmetics.]

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love this Mac concealer and I've been using it for a year now (and bought another one). I have very noticeable dark circles under my eyes and this one lasts me about +8h without creasing. It works great on me! :) ♥

      Delete
  2. i love MAC concealer...its my favorite
    love your eyeliner application

    ReplyDelete
  3. skin with concealer is really clean ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Pro Longwear concealer! I use NW15 under my eyes to brighten up and also to sculpt out my brows. The only downside for me is how hard it is to not pump out too much product, because a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! I always pump out wayyy too much, but I like the pump design xD

      Delete
  5. I love the MAC concealer. I have had it for ever, so far that is the only brand that I have tried. Lover your amazing work and u have such beautiful eye shape.

    ReplyDelete