Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Product and Company Review: Beauty From The Earth Cosmetics

Hello again everyone!
Today I have a review of Beauty From The Earth Cosmetics (BFTE) for you! I have only briefly tried a few samples in the past, and they've since been buried in my collection, so I was excited at the chance to get a more in-depth experience with the company!

"We celebrate diversity one face at a time with our large selection of multi-use minerals in over 400 unique and modern colors of the rainbow. Please check back as we add new colors and products to our collection of eye shadows, blushes, foundations, collections and more."
http://www.bftecosmetics.com/
They sent me a generous 16 sample sized (0.5 gram)  eyeshadows in an adorable tin, which is perfect for storing them in!

Eyeshadows are available in sample size ($2) or full sized ($6.50). 
I love when companies offer sample sizes, it gives you a chance to try it out a few times before you dive into a full sized jar. However, $6.50 is extremely reasonable for a full sized jar of product!
Onward to swatches! (all swatched dry, over UDPP):
Left To Right: Double Chocolate, Dragon Slayer, Gable, Mississippi Mud
For some reason, BFTE is not very consistent with describing their shadows. Some has shade descriptions, and others only have ingredients. Which is okay, I like to see what each company describes their colors as, but for now, I'll describe them the best I can for you!

Each shadow as described by me:
Double Chocolate - Shimmery chocolate brown, slightly warm toned
Dragon Slayer - Gorgeous shimmery darkened gold
Gable - Cool brown with coppery shimmer
Mississippi Mud - Cool dark matte brown
Left To Right: Super Nova, Paris, Lava Momma, Clara
Each shadow as described by me:
Super Nova - Pinkish red with greenish sparkles
Paris - Bright medium pink with pink sparkles
Lava Momma - HOT pink with pink shimmer
Clara - Sheer sparkly gold. This color has some SERIOUS sparkle to it!
Left To Right: Emerald Bliss, Tropical, Blue Bird, Blacklisted
Each shadow as described by me:
Emerald Bliss - Kelly green with gold sparkles
Tropical - Jungle green with blue duotone, nearly matte
Blue Bird - Intense bright blue. Nearly matte
Blacklisted - Darkened blue with blue sparkles
Left To Right: Aphrodite, Big Ego, Sugar Daddy, Meteor Shower
Each shadow as described by me:
Aphrodite - Light lavender with pink shimmer
Big Ego - Royal purple with purple shimmer 
Sugar Daddy - Cool purple with reddish sparkles
Meteor Shower - Black with rainbow sparkles

Overall I really enjoyed these shadows. I swatched them all dry, but mineral eyeshadows usually look even more gorgeous when used wet, so I can't wait to play around with them more! They seem pigmented and smooth. Some of the matte and nearly matte colors were a bit chalky feeling, but not unusable. Some of my favorites are; Tropical, Clara, Dragon Slayer, and Big Ego! 

I also choose two gel liners from them to try. I'm not normally a gel liner fan, but BFTE has a great range of shades, and I thought I'd give them a shot. Gel liners are $8.99 for 6m.
Left: Rave, Right: Oceanic
Rave is a deep plum color with silver and colored glitter, and Oceanic is a pretty royal blue. 
In all honesty, I don't prefer gel liners. And these didn't help the case to change my mind. I tried using these on my eyes a few times, but wasn't successful. They don't apply very opaque or evenly with a brush, and it would've taken a lot of work to get these to work as I wanted. They work great as mineral shadow bases though!

In this look I used Clara, Dragon Slayer, Gable, and Mississippi Mud!
Overall, I would recommend purchasing at least some sample size eyeshadow from BFTE, with their shade range of over 400 colors to choose from, I'm SURE you will find something worth trying! 

***Disclaimer*** Products shown were sent to me by the company for the purpose of reviewing. However, complimentary products never receive special treatment, I review them just like I'd review something I bought myself. My opinions expressed here are purely my own, and are not influenced by any outside sources, nor do I represent any company.***

No comments:

Post a Comment