There comes a time in every makeup fiend's life when they realize they just need things GONE. As much as I love collecting makeup and owning every shade and brand under the sun, somethings things just need to go. Now. I haven't done one of these purges in a few years, so I'm WAY overdue for this! While I do host a blogsale on Storenvy, most of these products are too used, too gross, or just plain too old to even try to sell. So they get purged. Sometimes I just can't stand to look at things on my makeup desk anymore!
I'll be telling you the 'what' and the 'why' of every product I'm getting rid of this time around, so let's just start by going through the categories!
Starting with palettes:
- Sephora Colorful Artist Palette: This palette was one of my first palettes EVER. Some of the shades have been well loved, and one of them used up completely. This palette was great starting out with, but now my collection has grown to include all, if not many varieties, of the same colors here. Not to mention it's probably pushing 6 years old at this point.
- Wet N Wild I <3 Matte Palette: I gave this palette an awesome review when I first got my hands on it. The highlight shade has been completely used up and some of the colors have a dent in them too. The problem is, I don't ever reach for this. I have soooo many similar colors from other brands that are less chalky, and easier to work with.
- LORAC Mint to Be Palette: I think this was an Ulta exclusive palette. I feel bad, because I was sent this from a company that sells cosmetics (not from LORAC itself), and I was psyched for the gift, especially since it was limited edition. Well, it SUCKS. There is barely any pigment in the shadows, and trying to work with them makes me sad. What a dud.
- ELF Eye Transformer Palette: I thought this was SOO cool when I first got it. And it is cool. But the effect lasts maybe an hour or two. Over other shadows and with bases. It's just not worth my time.
- Misc. Z Palette: This palette contains 3 de-potted Victoria's Secret eyeshadows, and one Ben Nye eyeshadow. I NEVER reach for this. One VS shade has been touched once, and the other ones, I don't think I've ever bothered with. I'm keeping the Z-Palette though, thinking of depotting some of my Lunatick Cosmetics shadows into it!
- TokiDoki Eyeshadows: These shadows have incredibly gorgeous packaging, and TokiDoki makeup I think isn't being made anymore, but the pigmentation on these is not even there. They're hardly worth me keeping around just for the cute factor.
- Maybelline Made For Mocha Eyeshadow: I used to use this for my brows, which is why I've hit major pan on it. But since using my Anastasia Dipbrow, I've never looked back, and I don't think I ever will! I've got far too many matte brown eyeshadows to need to keep this one around.
- Stila Black Diamond Jewel Eyeshadow: Absolutely gorgeous, but again, I never reach for it. How many glittery blacks besides this one do I own? Not to mention, the glitter does have a habit of falling out.
- Maybelline Expert Wear Brow Pencils: I have one in Dark Brown and one in Blonde. Why? I honestly don't know. When did I even buy these and what the hell for? xD
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe: Wasn't a fan of this, and again, haven't looked back to powder brow products since I started using my Anastasia Dipbrow!
- Milani Eye Pencil in Black: I've had this for a disturbing amount of time.
- Milani Black Magic Pencil in Teal Magic: This product is cool, a darkened, glittery teal liner on one side, and a teal glitter liner with a sort of transparent base on the other side. The pencil itself is very hard though, I'd rather use other products to get the same effect.
- ELF Exact Lash Mascara: A tiny mascara with a tiny brush. Great for lower lashes, but smudged easily.
- Urban Decay Eyelash Primer Potion: I HATED this stuff. HATED it. It just did not do its job on my lashes, and made more clumps than anything else. I tried it with virtually every mascara I own, which is a lot, and it's still a big, fat, NOPE, for me.
- Rimmel The MAX Bold Curves Mascara: I think I bought this 75% off once, I know why they discontinued it, it really sucks.
- Covergirl Remarkable Mascara: I honestly do not know why I would ever buy this. *shrugs*
- Pencil from Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer: I didn't like the concealer, so I sold it, but I kept this? Why? What is logic?
- Korres Anti-Aging Eye Primer: This is just a sample size, but I tried it in my recent Sample Saturday episode, and I'm ALLERGIC to it. Right now my eyelids are ridiculously swollen. 10 out of 10 dislike.
- ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon: This stuff is GROSS. Collects in the corners of my mouth like nobodies business.
- Maybelline Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss in Ruby Indulgence: These apply really patchy on me. I kept a lighter color, but this one I just can't make work.
- Revlon Matte Lipstick in In The Red: I've had this for a ridiculously long amount of time. When was the last time Revlon made matte lipsticks in this kind of packaging? xD
- Revlon Colorburst Gloss in Orchid: This has GOT to me almost empty. I used to use it obsessively, but it's a minimum of 4 years old, so it's time to GO.
- Wet N Wild Wild Shine Lipsticks in Lustful and Enamoured: Honestly, why do I even have these?
Unlabeled stuff! I recently tossed some unlabeled shadows, but these guys were lurking in my collection, one pinkish shadow, and one foundation sample? What? What am I even supposed to do with these? Sure, I could use them, but could I tell you what they are? Nope. Could I even guess at what they are? Nope. Time to go!
Alright guys, that is IT for my makeup purge for 2014! I'm really honestly excited to have these items out of my collection. I'm really not being that wasteful, because these items will certainly go bad before I probably ever touch them again. Or they're already so bad that I can't touch them again! xD Not to mention, it makes room for all the fun new stuff out there!
Have you ever done a makeup collection purge?