Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain Review and EOTD

Hey guys! Today I did a rather basic, neutral pin up look with some fake lashes. I'm not too big into wearing falsies, but I thought I'd go for something super glamorous today.


My hair is always such a mess xD
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original
  • Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Vintage Lace
  • Maybelline Eyeshadow in Made For Mocha
  • Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Sex
  • Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Liquid Eyeliner in Ultra Black
  • Rimmel Kohl Pencil in Pure White
  • Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
  • ELF Lash Exact Mascara
  • Random no-name lashes
Brows:
  • Maybelline Eyeshadow in Made For Mocha
  • Ardell Clear Brow Gel
Lips:
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling
Today I didn't applying foundation, concealer, blush, or anything else. I'm not planning on going anywhere, so I didn't feel like bothering. Plus I'm running out of foundation! Oh no!!!

 Anyways, speaking of Revlon, I managed to pick up some of their new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains yesterday. Anyone remember their Just Bitten Lip Stains? The ones with the marker tip and balm on the other end? I do, and I do NOT have fond memories of them! I tried two different ones, and both of them were ridiculously patchy, drying, and just all around horrible. After that, I was skeptical on Revlon lip products, especially anything with the word 'stain' in it. But I bit the bullet on this one, it looked too promising not to try at least once. I have one already in Honey (not pictured today) and I loved it! They're not drying, easy to apply, and they really do have the staying power of a stain! My local CVS is having an amazing deal on them, so I grabbed up 4 more of them. 


I love these guys. I've never owned one of the Clinic Chubby Sticks, but if I had to guess, I'd stay these are a great dupe for a much more reasonable price. I can apply these once, and my lips will retain the color pretty much through the day! Eating and drinking with these is no problem. If anything, I might have to re-apply once in the middle of my day just to freshen up color. These are also great to layer with any lip glosses!

Left to right: Romantic, Smitten, Sweetheart, and Darling

I was most excited for Darling, however, it seems to be the least pigmented of the ones I grabbed. This is a little disappointing, but at the same time, makes it a lavender color that is not over powering if you're a little shy of color. Sweetheart and Smitten are very similar looking in the swatch, but sweetheart is a tad more 'neon', without being a true neon. You don't have to worry about being scared to apply this if you're not ready for a bright lip yet!

Overall, I'm extremely happy with these lip balm stains. I can definitely say I will always have at least one with me in my purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment